I. Information We Collect and Receive
When you access or use our Services, we may receive the following kinds of personal information:
- Log data: When you access Phi, our system automatically records data regarding the new session. This data may include your email address, Internet Protocol (IP) address and Subscription status.
- Device data: We also collect device data, such as your operating system or browser type.
- Geo-location information: Your Internet Protocol (IP) address may be used to determine approximate location.
- Usage data: This may include information about your activity in the Services, such as event or error reports.
- Information from third parties: We may also receive data from third parties, such as your Onshape user ID, preferred length units or the type of document you are in (public or private).
If you are a student or an educator applying for an academic license, you are asked to provide some personal information as part of your application, in addition to the above. We may also receive information from public databases or other outside sources in order to process your application and provide the free license you applied for.
II. Legal Basis for Processing your Information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may use some of your personal information if you have given permission to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Legitimate interests. We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests to improve our Services. Your fundamental rights and freedoms always override our interests.
III. How we use your information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- Providing our Services. We use information you provide to authenticate you, and enable you to use our cloud-based services For example, data is stored in localhost (on your device) and in a database on our server, so that we can recall them for you at future sessions.
- Communicating with you: We might send you occasional emails with updates related to Phi, such as the release of a new version, a webinar, or other information we believe you might be interested in. You can opt out by clicking the relevant link at the bottom of every such e-mail. We may also send you emails regarding administrative or other important issues we need to communicate to you.
- Statistical or anonymous analysis: We may also use your information to improve our Services, by eliciting use patterns or possible complications that a number of users could encounter. In this case the data will be anonymized, unless we imperatively need to communicate with specific users in order to solve a technical issue.
- Compliance and investigations: We reserve the right to use data in connection with suspected inappropriate use, fraud, violations of our Terms of Service, or any other activity that threatens to impede our users’ ability to use our Services efficiently and effectively.
IV. Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. We may share information in specific situations described below, with the parties mentioned:
- Support: To provide you with customer support, our staff may need to share among themselves information you have previously provided to us.
- Partners and Affiliates: In case you access our Services through Onshape or other Phenometry partners (“Partners”) and their respective software platforms, your information and intellectual property might need to be shared with that Partner as part of performing our Service, for example when exporting your model.
- Vendors and other Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents (“third parties”) who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. We have contracts in place with our third parties, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. The third parties we may share your information with are listed in the table below.
- Business Transfers: We may transfer your information as a result of acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Legal Compliance, Public Protection and integrity of our Services: We might share your information in case this is required by law, legal request, or lawful request of a public authority, or to protect the safety, rights and/or property of the public or any person, or to detect, prevent, or address fraud or security issues.
Data Disclosure to Third Parties
|Vendor||Purpose||Link to Vendor's|
|Disclosed Personal Data|
|Amazon Web Services (AWS)||Cloud Hosting||https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/data-privacy-faq/||PI and Phi settings (all data encrypted)|
|Mailchimp||Email Communication||https://mailchimp.com/legal/||CRM data|
|Vimeo||Analytics of embedded videos||https://vimeo.com/privacy||Analytics data|
Additionally, if you are using the Phenometry Services under an educational/academic license, you further acknowledge and agree that as a condition of this educational license Your Content (as defined in our Terms of Service) can be automatically shared with Phenometry, through a Phenometry account, a Phenometry Onshape account or other Phenometry Partner account depending on how you use the Phenometry Services. Phenometry will have view-only access to Your Content and may use it for the purpose of improving Phi and the Phenometry Services, and providing user support. Phenometry will not publicize or share Your Content with third parties without your written permission.
V. Your rights
In some regions, such as the EEA, UK, Canada or California, you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right:
- to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information;
- to request rectification or erasure; to restrict the processing of your personal information;
- to transfer your personal data to another controller, if applicable;
- to object to the processing of your personal information; not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects ("Automated Decision-Making"). Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place on our websites or in our services;
- to the extent we base the collection, processing and sharing of your personal data on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
To exercise your rights (request an accounting of your personal information, a change to your personal information, deletion of your personal information, or to withdraw your consent to the collection, processing, and/or transfer of your personal information), please contact us. We will respond to your request according to applicable law. Please note that you might be required to verify your identity, to protect your privacy and security.
Once we have received notification of your consent withdrawal, and provided there are no compelling legitimate grounds for further processing or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, we will no longer process your information for the purposes to which you originally consented.
This privacy notice may be updated from time to time. If we make changes that we consider material, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes, or by directly sending you a notification.
VII. Retention and Deletion
You have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information or delete it. Please contact us to submit your request.
VIII. Questions or Concerns
Any questions or comments about this notice should be addressed to:
6 Apollonos str.
or communicated through our contact form.